Scanogen is looking for a motivated and skilled engineer to join our R&D team. We are a rapidly-growing start-up company developing a nucleic acid detection platform that will dramatically improve the diagnosis of diseases. We need highly driven and inventive individuals.
• Design and test disposable cartridges for automated molecular diagnostic assays
• Develop strategies to control fluids inside the cartridges
• Design plastic parts to be manufactured by injection molding
• Build test beds to test cartridges
• Collaborate with internal and external development engineers
• Engineering or physics degree with Ph.D., Masters, or significant industry experience
• 2-15 years of research or development experience
• Experience developing microfluidics devices
• Proficiency in MATLAB programming
• Ability to design in Solidworks
• Proven ability to work in a collaborative work environment with other engineer and life science colleagues
• Experience automating molecular or immuno assays is a plus
• Understanding and compliance with FDA and ISO 13485 design controls is a plus
• Experience designing plastic injection molding parts is a plus
Benefits are provided, including health insurance and 401k with company matching.