Scanogen is looking for a motivated and skilled engineer to join our R&D team. We are a rapidly-growing start-up company developing a nucleic acid detection platform that will dramatically improve the diagnosis of diseases. We need highly driven and inventive individuals.
• Design plastic microfluidic devices
• Automate assay sample preparation and molecular detection utilizing automated liquid handler
• Collaborate with internal and external development engineers in the conceptualization and design of a custom diagnostics consumable
• Test disposable cartridge prototypes
• Engineering or physics degree with Ph.D., Masters, or significant industry experience
• 3-10 years of research or development experience
• Demonstrated capacity to design microfluidic components
• Proficiency in MATLAB programming
• Proficiency in CAD design (Solidworks)
• Proven ability to work in a collaborative work environment with other engineer and life science colleagues
• Experience developing molecular diagnostic or immunological assays is a plus
• Understanding and compliance with FDA and ISO 13485 design controls is a plus
Benefits are provided including health insurance and 401k with company matching.