Scanogen is looking for a motivated and skilled engineer to join our R&D team. We are a rapidly-growing start-up company developing a nucleic acid detection platform that will change how diseases are diagnosed. We need highly driven and inventive individuals.
• Optimize operations such as cell lysis and DNA hybridization
• Optimize PCR-free nucleic acid detection protocols
• Collaborate in the design of disposable cartridges that include all the steps of sample preparation and detection
• Test disposable cartridge prototypes
• Chemical Engineering degree
• Research or Development experience in a molecular biology laboratory (1+ years)
• Experience with basic molecular biology techniques (PCR, gel electrophoresis, DNA quantification methods)
• Ability to interact with colleagues in a team environment
• Experience developing molecular diagnostic or immuno assays
• Experience in surface functionalization is a plus
• Experience in infectious disease diagnosis is a plus
Full benefits are provided including health insurance and 401k with company matching.